As many companies today will attest, technology is essential to smooth, efficient business and key to staying competitive. But despite its many advantages, technology has also introduced new obstacles, such as an increased risk of cyberattacks. Phishing, ransomware, and other forms of cyberattack can have serious consequences for any business, including financial losses, reputational damage, and legal repercussions. And with cyberattacks on the rise, it’s not a matter of if but when a business will be targeted.
Fortunately, you can improve your company’s cyber defenses by leveraging managed cybersecurity services.
What are managed cybersecurity services?
Managed cybersecurity services refer to a range of services provided by a third-party company, called a managed security services provider (MSSP), that specializes in safeguarding and securing organizations’ data and IT systems. These cybersecurity services usually include:
- Security assessments – conducting comprehensive reviews of a business’s security posture, including its systems, applications, networks, and policies, to identify potential security weaknesses and ways to improve overall security
- Vulnerability management – implementing security updates, configuring access controls, and performing other actions to reduce the risk of a security breach
- Threat monitoring and detection – continuously observing a company’s systems, networks, and applications to spot and analyze any suspicious activity, such as unauthorized access or unusual traffic patterns, that could indicate a security breach
- Threat prevention – taking proactive measures, such as implementing firewalls and access controls, to protect against cyberthreats
- Incident response – developing and implementing a plan of action to contain and investigate a security incident, remediate any damage, and restore systems and data to their normal state
- Security awareness training – educating employees on how to spot and respond to cyberthreats as well as good cyber habits, such as using strong passwords and being wary of clicking suspicious links
- Compliance and regulatory services – ensuring a business’s IT environment is compliant with relevant industry and regulatory requirements, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Why should businesses use managed cybersecurity services?
There are many reasons why your company should partner with an MSSP.
Protection against cyberthreats
With managed cybersecurity services, your business receives comprehensive and proactive protection against the rising number and complexity of cyberthreats, such as viruses, Trojans, ransomware, and phishing attacks. This means you can rest easy knowing that you have a team of experts monitoring and protecting your company’s IT infrastructure around the clock.
For many organizations, especially small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) like yours, hiring and training a dedicated cybersecurity team can be a costly undertaking. Fortunately, MSSPs offer an affordable alternative that provides you with access to a team of cybersecurity experts and advanced security technologies at a fraction of the cost of an in-house team. MSSPs can do this since they leverage economies of scale. MSSPs can spread the costs of their security technologies and expertise across their client base, allowing you to pay only for the services you use.
MSSPs typically employ cybersecurity professionals who are experts in compliance standards and regulations. These experts can offer your company guidance and support to ensure that you are meeting your compliance obligations. Such support can include ongoing monitoring, compliance reporting, and audit assistance.
Increased focus on the business
By outsourcing your company’s cybersecurity needs to an MSSP, you can free up valuable time and resources to focus on your core operations. This can help you improve productivity and profitability, enabling you to grow your business.
predictiveIT offers managed cybersecurity that’s specifically tailored to SMBs. By partnering with us, you get to enjoy top-notch cybersecurity tools and solutions without breaking the bank. Book an appointment with us today.